- - - - -

Daiwa Certate

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SteelingHeads

SteelingHeads

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:03 AM

Hey Guys!

I am considering a Daiwa Certate 3500 for some of my "lighter duty" jigging and casting applications. Anyone have any thoughts on the reel? Any opinions or reviews? Thanks!

#2 mbg60

mbg60
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

Hey Sean,
I have been using a Certate 4000 for plugging for about 4+ years now. I just sent it in to have the gears replaced and it's like new again. The reel is good enough in my opinion that I bought a second one, got a great deal on it too, to use for a back up. The reel has been terrific, smooth drag, solid feel to it, strong gearing. I also purchased the RCS machined handle to use in place of the folding handle. The only negative to this is that the machined handle does not collapse in any way, so it's a little bulky.

I'm not sure, but they may be discontinuing/upgrading the Certate line so prices may be well worth it.

Aloha,

Mark

Hey Guys!

I am considering a Daiwa Certate 3500 for some of my "lighter duty" jigging and casting applications. Anyone have any thoughts on the reel? Any opinions or reviews? Thanks!

#3 lordhell

lordhell
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:12 AM

You will want a Daiwa Certate 3500HD or Certate Hyper Custom 3500/4000 for jigging and casting game use. Those two reels employ the Hyper Digigear vs standard Digigear in the regular Certates. Much stronger gear alloys and more durability allows you to fish it longer and harder. If you can afford it, it's better to get the new 08 Stella SW 5000 for this application. Alternatively, if you must go Daiwa and cost is not an issue, the Daiwa Saltiga Game 3500 is also very good for this app.

#4 SteelingHeads

SteelingHeads

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:18 PM

Thank you for the replies guys. I am not set on a Daiwa. I would love to get a Stella SW4000 or 5000 but just can't justify the expense of it. This reel would very rarely even see Saltwater. I thought about a Stella FA, but they are a little difficult to find. Shimano Twinpower / Sustain is another possibility. Any others anyone can think of? I am looking to keep this in the $300 range.

#5 lordhell

lordhell
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

Thank you for the replies guys. I am not set on a Daiwa. I would love to get a Stella SW4000 or 5000 but just can't justify the expense of it. This reel would very rarely even see Saltwater. I thought about a Stella FA, but they are a little difficult to find. Shimano Twinpower / Sustain is another possibility. Any others anyone can think of? I am looking to keep this in the $300 range.

You're in luck! This guy has 2 Stella 5000FA's for sale. His price is very steep, but make him your own offer as he is willing it seems:

WTS - Shimano Stella 5000FA Reels and Custom Sabre Rods - Jigging and Popping Forum

#6 A.whitman

A.whitman

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

I love the stella 4000fa or even the new sustains. all that being said i would LOVE a certade 3500 cutom hd!!! certates are better for their low gear ratio as well.

#7 peterk814

peterk814

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

Certate 3500HD..much better than even the stellas

#8 saqa

saqa

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

I use a 4000 hyper certate. According to daiwa, in the hypers, the gear is made of the same materials as the ones in the saltigas. The reels takes 300m of 35lb daiwa hyper braid.

#9 SteelingHeads

SteelingHeads

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:02 AM

Thank you very much to all who replied. I do like the Certates a lot. I will have to see what shakes out. Right now I have found a Stella 4000FA that I have an offer in on. We'll see! Again, thanks to all.

#10 Grifft

Grifft

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:59 AM

You will want a Daiwa Certate 3500HD or Certate Hyper Custom 3500/4000 for jigging and casting game use. Those two reels employ the Hyper Digigear vs standard Digigear in the regular Certates. .....

Where do you guys find these versions of the Certate? Daiwa discontinued the Certates here in the U.S.

No worries...found them. Look pretty sweet.

Tom

#11 saqa

saqa

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:06 AM

Oz gets the regular ones which include the 3500HD model as well as the hypers which are the same bodies but all shiny and with 12 or so sets of all corrosion resistent bearings and saltiga material gears :-)

Checkout shimreels, they currently have some great deals on these

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users