Photo
- - - - -

100 ton USCG license study guide ????

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shepard24

shepard24

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

Have any of you captains ever used any of the "at home" study materials for the captains license course? I took the course in 2004, but was unable to obtain my license due to a dui. Im now in the process of applying again, but do not wish to take the $1200 course again. The guys at Maritime License Center here in Hawaii recommended this Freelance Software - Home Page. Just curious if anyone has ever used it sucessfully. Aloha!

#2 dingoatemebaby

dingoatemebaby

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

if you put the time into it you should be good, but i mean REALLY put the time in, plotting was the hardest for me, also how will the DUI affect your fresh application?

#3 shepard24

shepard24

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

how will the DUI affect your fresh application?

it wont, no conviction. Even with a conviction its only two years wait, its been almost 6.

#4 luna sea II

luna sea II

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

I got the home course from a friend and studied for a few months but never took the test. from what I have heard it's very hard to pass it on your own and the school is the only way to go.

#5 crazy8

crazy8

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:13 PM

The school teaches you the tricks/shortcuts on how to prepare. They want you to pass, thats why they take your money. It would only look bad for them if you pay $1000, and then fail.

I took the 50 ton Masters, and OUPV this past winter. I felt more than confident going into the tests. And my scores showed it as well.

Take the class, its worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users