Photo
- - - - -

MC Works Belt Review

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 toppuntawong

toppuntawong

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

Here is another thing that comes in the box. The New MC Works TT Belt, new and improve from the AR Belt. I have to admit that this one is a bit different in a better way.

As many of us know, many belt company design the belt to curve with our body and that design really doesn't work well, MC Works design their belt the curve away from the body so when the pressure is added (from the rod), the pressure is disperse evenly from the middle to the side. I use to have the Seven Seas Belt and the pressure is always on the bottom part of the belt and that cause pain and is very uncomfortable.

The AR Belt (old model) was great, the belt is nice and light, made out of Fiber Glass (I believe) and is well padded with EVA. The only set back I see with the belt is that the gimbal hole is a bit small and the butt of the rod like to pop out when fighting a fish.

The New TT belt is the new and improve. The hole for the gimbal is much bigger and deeper. The belt has a much better and softer EVA on it. The belt itself is a bit shorter so it won't be in the way when you are walking around the boat. The weight of it a bit lighter but it is very hard to tell. According to MC Works, this belt is made of high density plastic that can be flex 180 degrees without breaking.

The old MC Works was good but I think this one is another winner in the book, with the price a bit cheaper, I think we will see more of this belt in the jigging world. It also come with a back support.

The price of the AR belt is 18000 Yen compare to the new TT belt at 14000 Yen.

Enjoy!

New TT Belt

Posted Image

About 13 inches wide.

Posted Image

The outward curve that makes this belt very comfortable.

New Model.

Posted Image

Old model.

Posted Image

View from the top, as you can see the hole is much deeper, about 3 inches.

Posted Image

Comparing to the older model, the hole is only about 1 inch.

Posted Image

Comparing of the two model.

Posted Image

#2 lordhell

lordhell
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

I've been looking for this one, I hope Sami/Paul gets stock soon!

#3 toppuntawong

toppuntawong

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:37 PM

I've been looking for this one, I hope Sami/Paul gets stock soon!

I am sure Paul and Sami will have it, Han!:D All I can say is I am the proud owner of the first TT belt in the States! YES! :D I took the title from you for once.. hahaha

#4 lordhell

lordhell
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:39 PM

I am sure Paul and Sami will have it, Han!:D All I can say is I am the proud owner of the first TT belt in the States! YES! :D I took the title from you for once.. hahaha

Haha, whatever man, you've been hiding lots of first goodies for a long time! :P

#5 Enoch

Enoch

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:23 PM

Wow nice product Topper. Seems like TT belt has an improvement. Since when did JDM products get cheaper though???

:D:D

#6 toppuntawong

toppuntawong

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

Wow nice product Topper. Seems like TT belt has an improvement. Since when did JDM products get cheaper though???

:D:D

Since this time? LOL! :D

#7 mtamim

mtamim

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

I agree with the 7 Seas...Nice and light, but a little uncomfortable on my thighs when pressure from the rod is added. Maybe I'm not wearing it right???

#8 DenisB

DenisB

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:03 PM

Pricewise
I would guess that the main difference is in the labour content of the different manufacturing processes between the two models
with
- the AR model fibreglass & high in labour content
and
- the TT model being an injection molded high tech plastic low in labour content.

The real test will be in actual fight comfort & durability.
the deeper gimbal pocket on the TT looks handy.

Good find Topper..............that package that arrived the other day must have had a varied bunch of goodies in it ................:D

#9 toppuntawong

toppuntawong

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

Pricewise
I would guess that the main difference is in the labour content of the different manufacturing processes between the two models
with
- the AR model fibreglass & high in labour content
and
- the TT model being an injection molded high tech plastic low in labour content.

The real test will be in actual fight comfort & durability.
the deeper gimbal pocket on the TT looks handy.

Good find Topper..............that package that arrived the other day must have had a varied bunch of goodies in it ................:D

Thank you for your insight Denis! You are right about the real test and that should be sometime next week.

I agree with the 7 Seas...Nice and light, but a little uncomfortable on my thighs when pressure from the rod is added. Maybe I'm not wearing it right???

I tried it every way possible but i just couldnt get it to be comfortale on my body so i got rid of it.

#10 Saltywater tackle

Saltywater tackle

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:40 PM

In transport:p
will see the light by next week:)
Sami

#11 Niloticus1

Niloticus1

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:42 AM

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm curious as to how this belt is working out after a few months use?

Any info or opinions would be much appreciated (I'm based in UK and trying to decide between the TT and the Fisherman :confused: ).

Cheers!

Dave

#12 Baja Dreamer

Baja Dreamer

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm curious as to how this belt is working out after a few months use?

Any info or opinions would be much appreciated (I'm based in UK and trying to decide between the TT and the Fisherman :confused: ).

Cheers!

Dave

I'm not familiar with this new belt at all, but here's a pic of one I like a lot. It was introduced in I believe 1984, and mine was given to me as a Christmas present in 1985. That makes it almost [b]25 years old![/i] I generally use it with 50 and 60 lb. tackle, but have used it with as light as 40 lb. This belt has been used on private and party boats, it's been on mothership/ponga trips in Baja, and it's been going on long range trips with me for 18 years! This one was also made so long ago it says "Pat Pend" on the front! :eek:

Posted Image

It's an original Braid Pro Manta belt, it's very comfortable, it works just fine for me, and it's longevity speaks for itself! ;)

FISH HARD!

Chris

#13 MrBill

MrBill

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

I thought I was the only guy left in the world that still has a Pro Manta belt. The only difference is that I moved my pin to the vertical position. I believe I bought it around 1982. I used it for my first GOM blue and white marlin. It's like a Timex watch. "It takes a licking and keeps on Ticking".

Attached Files

"The easiest way to find tackle lost around the house is to buy a replacement.":)

#14 Baja Dreamer

Baja Dreamer

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:11 PM

I thought I was the only guy left in the world that still has a Pro Manta belt. The only difference is that I moved my pin to the vertical position. I believe I bought it around 1982. I used it for my first GOM blue and white marlin. It's like a Timex watch. "It takes a licking and keeps on Ticking".

Oh they're still around, and still popular too! One of the best, (And only!), changes was when they closed the hole in the back of the "bucket" instead of having open like our old battle armor is. That way you could pull the gimbal bar out and use it with lighter rods if you wanted. :)

I am also told that there is a new and improved Pro Manta belt coming out very soon, and I should have pics of it in a day or two! ;)

FISH HARD!

Chris

#15 toppuntawong

toppuntawong

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:22 PM

Hi,

Cheers!

Dave

Dave,

I have both the AR and the TT belt and I have to say that MC Works did a great job improving this belt. Very light, very comfortable. Great for jigging since you can move around the boat really easy with it. :D

#16 Wachtel

Wachtel

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:37 PM

Niloticus1, were have you found this belt? I'm also interested and live in Europe like you do.

#17 Niloticus1

Niloticus1

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:12 AM

Niloticus1, were have you found this belt? I'm also interested and live in Europe like you do.

Hallo Herr Wachtel!

I'm afraid I haven't found a source for the TT Belt in Europe. If I buy one it will have to be from the US or Asia :( .

Europe really needs a good source of Jigging and Popping tackle.....

Sorry I can't be more help.

Dave

#18 Baja Dreamer

Baja Dreamer

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

I told you I'd have a couple of picks of the new Pro Manta Belts, and here they are.

The first one shows the improved padding for extra comfort. :)

Posted Image

This one shows the sexy new color available! ;)

Posted Image

I might just have to get a new one. And considering the old one has lasted 24 years and is still going strong, I'll probably end up handing it down to my grandkids! :D

FISH HARD!

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users