Photo
- - - - -

Shimano Stella Repair

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 galveston1602

galveston1602

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

Sent my Stella 20K FA in to Shimano . it had been to war more than a few times in the last 6 or 7 years and never missed a beat, the drag was a bit sloppy, not to mention there was some cosmetic damage, rail rash on the back, a fair amount of corrosion on the reel foot (whoops) and on a joint of the body...

I sent it in with not much explaination and a CC authorization for 30$ not expecting much for that amount but I got back what is essentially a new reel. Everything was fixed, only a few very minor scratches on the rotor were left, and a laundry list of parts they replaced all for a total cost of 35.65 30$+5.65 USPS to get it there.

This thing is silky smooth and good as new, to those of you wondering if the discontinuation of these reels has changed the service, Id say a resounding NO

Thanks again Shimano, you have definitely made a great impression on this customer

#2 Saltywater tackle

Saltywater tackle

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:03 AM

Shimano services is unbeatable!!!!
Sami

#3 kraken33

kraken33

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

that makes me feel a lot better about my FA's! Thanks for the report

#4 Astronut

Astronut

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

Glad to hear that positive report, I just got my SW8K yesterday...and looking forward to many great trips with this and my 20K....kudos to Shimano!

astro...

#5 sagamoron

sagamoron

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

Yup, just got my two Stellas back last night. Amazing Service as always.

#6 MikeF

MikeF

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

ditto that I just got some back and sent some more. For $30.00 each and free parts it's hard to beat. And their turnaround is good too.

#7 Guest_BretABaker_*

Guest_BretABaker_*

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:31 PM

im awaiting my 10000fa from service :)

#8 Squished

Squished

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

im awaiting my 10000fa from service :)

Don't mean to hijack, and you can PM me if you want....but what do you think about the 10000FA as a surfcasting reel? Just looking for something to pick off some stripers and bloofish.

#9 sagamoron

sagamoron

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

Don't mean to hijack, and you can PM me if you want....but what do you think about the 10000FA as a surfcasting reel? Just looking for something to pick off some stripers and bloofish.

I've got one, occasionally I use it to jig in the Cape Cod Canal, I personally think its overkill. I go with a baitrunner to surfcast, and the stella for cranking heavier jigs in current.

The Baitrunners aren't all that flashy but are a very versatile reel and dependable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users