360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

Capt. Eddie Venice La.

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  crazyjigr 
#1 ·
Venice La. Capt. Eddie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took some buddies down to Venice La. to see what all of the hype was about. After reading posts about Venice I decided to give Capt. Eddie a try. Having never met him I wasn't sure what to expect. I made the arrangement to go Friday 8-21-09 We showed up the day before and met him returning from the days trip. They had six nice YFT biggest one being around 113 LBs I beleive. We chatted over a cocktail or two and agreed to meet at 5:30 am the next morning. When we got up at 4:30 the weather in the gulf was not good, lightening was popping all around and no boats were going out. We agreed to meet back at 8:00 am and it was still raining with some lightening. Eddie said it wasn't safe to go where the Tuna were, we could bottom fish or wait and see. We were determined to fish so Eddie took us to a non lightening area and we tied off to oil rigs. As soon as we dropped lines we hooked up on mangrove snapper, red snapper ( returned to the sea) bull red fish ( released as well) grouper, black drum, and had a great time. After many fish in the boat Eddie took us to past the mouth of the Mississippi to a rig where we caught bait and hooked up on some monster Amberjacks. those things pull harder than any fish I have ever caught, biggest one being 71.4 LBS. They could peel off line faster than ever and no one on the boat was strong enough to pull line off of those reels with both hands. Those are some BAD FISH.

Over all Venice was a super time and Capt. Eddie was first class and put us on the fish all day and his mate Josh was a super nice guy too. They both did an awesome job and his boat is great. Everyone had their " BEST FISHING TRIP EVER" and we will all go back.

thanks again Eddie!!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks. You from GA too?
Kidflex I saw your pictures. I must admit me and my crew were jealious. But we will live to fish another day and had a trip that was second to none. Glad you guys ( and girl) did well. I will be back in October.

Yea I am, there's several guys on here that are from the Atl area

d-a

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.