Ocea jigger 2000nr

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 RaJahDat

RaJahDat

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Brand: shimano
Model: ocea jigger 2001nr

So thinking about pulling the trigger on an ocea jigger 2001nr left hand. Will use it to jig, tog fish, and sight casting for cobias with it. Would like a left hand conventional setup mainly for casting and and dropping for togs. There's not that much option for left handed reels. I can use both tho. Those of you that own the reel how does it cast? Anyone have any problems? I hear parts are somewhat hard to get if something goes wrong. This correct? Thanks in advance for any info provided!

#2 hafnor

hafnor

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

wouldn't stress so much about the parts. I think that the ocea jiggers share alot of the same parts as the trinidad series, so they are interchangeable. regarding casting... I never casted one but it has a cast control if you use that and a very light spool so should be pretty good!

#3 RaJahDat

RaJahDat

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Wow. You guys are quick. Thanks man appreciate it!

#4 d-a

d-a

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

I have a 1000 and a 2000, both I cast jigs out away from the boat with out any difficulties. Being left hand, you don't have many options. A daiwa SA 20L, 30L and the Ocea's are pretty much it for star drags.

d-a

#5 hafnor

hafnor

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Hey that's what this forums all about, helping each other! And I was just about to say let D-A elaborate cause he has a "few" of them :)

#6 d-a

d-a

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

Hey that's what this forums all about, helping each other! And I was just about to say let D-A elaborate cause he has a "few" of them :)

I have a couple... As for the parts almost all parts are available from shimano in California except the auto engage and one bearing that the Ocea's have that the Trinidad's don't.

d-a

#7 RaJahDat

RaJahDat

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Awesome. Think ima grab the 2000nr. Rather have a shimano than a daiwa but that's just me. No pun intended!

#8 d-a

d-a

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Awesome. Think ima grab the 2000nr. Rather have a shimano than a daiwa but that's just me. No pun intended!

I'm the same way, had some Daiwa's and sold them off and bought Ocea jiggers.

d-a

#9 TommyTank

TommyTank

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

I just got the 1500NR....AWESOME reel.
Spool lock and clicker

Have it on a Spinal 300g jigging rod for smaller inshore Tuna and bottom fishing
But also will put it on my Trevala ML and MH for fluking

Great all around reel

#10 jiggawhat

jiggawhat

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Can someone post size pics next to another commonly used reel please torium or trinidad.Ive been thinking about buying one myself.

#11 d-a

d-a

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Can someone post size pics next to another commonly used reel please torium or trinidad.Ive been thinking about buying one myself.

I can in 6 weeks. Lol the 1000 size is equivalent to a Trinidad 10, the 2000NR is the same size as a Trinidad 16N.

Here is my 2000NRPG next to a SOM L-50. The Ocea has 300m of PE 4 and the SOM has 300m of PE 6

Posted Image

d-a

#12 jiggawhat

jiggawhat

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

thanks Da thats the one i want......

#13 d-a

d-a

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

thanks Da thats the one i want......

I'm partial to the Ocea's. A couple new things with the silver ones are an all aluminum right side plate and they have a drag clicker like a spinning reel, actually both of those reels have a drag clicker.

d-a

#14 Jigemm

Jigemm

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

oooh man!! Im drooling for a 2000nr-pg, Plat sent me an email explaining there is not available.

#15 d-a

d-a

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

oooh man!! Im drooling for a 2000nr-pg, Plat sent me an email explaining there is not available.

I don't know about Plat, but there available, only one thats already discontinued is the 1000pg. I know where one of those is too.

d-a

#16 jiggawhat

jiggawhat

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

I don't know about Plat, but there available, only one thats already discontinued is the 1000pg. I know where one of those is too.

d-a

and wheres that?

#17 d-a

d-a

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

and wheres that?

I was mistaken, I found this pic of my 1000 on a Ichibahn Custom Spinal 150g and its clearly a HG not a PG.

Posted Image

d-a

#18 JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

I'm partial to the Ocea's. A couple new things with the silver ones are an all aluminum right side plate and they have a drag clicker like a spinning reel, actually both of those reels have a drag clicker.

d-a

So the new silver ones are better mechanically than the gunmetal ones?

#19 d-a

d-a

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

So the new silver ones are better mechanically than the gunmetal ones?

If you ever took the drag adjusting star off the old one you know what a pain it is to get back on( there is a trick that makes easier), the new model has a self contained drag adjuster; kinda like a spinning reel spool knob. The new ones have a solid Aluminum right side plate and an extra bearing somewhere(don't have an old one with me to compare location). The new one has the X ship gears, there fairly smoother and thicker than the older style gears. The new one has a drag clicker that's nice. The auto engage is a little different and engages at a different handle location (if my memory is correct).

So I would say yes it's mechanically better, but the older models are still excellent reels and I would have a tough time selling off the older ones just to get the newer one unless you just have to have the newer models. Or wanted a left hand reel.

d-a

#20 JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

thanks for the input Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users