Photo
- - - - -

venice - how far out?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mddisn

mddisn

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

We have group of 8 in two boats heading to venice, la, on 10-18-12. Hoping to get out 10-25 miles on sat / sun. Please advise if recommendations regarding depth / current hot spots / current techniques that are producing. Any assistance appreciated.

#2 d-a

d-a

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hire a local captain to run your boat. Best money you will spend if you only a couple days and its your first time there.

d-a

#3 luna sea II

luna sea II

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

what kind of boats are you in and what species are you targeting?

Edited by luna sea II, 17 October 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#4 mddisn

mddisn

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

Seaswirl deep-v 22' center console with 150 4 stroke / 120 gal fuel. All safety gear, seatow, not much fear (common sense). Would love to get into tuna but don't know if that is option in light of smaller boat.

#5 yellowfin01

yellowfin01

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

I went last month we where probley 30 miles off and hitting the shrimp boats bft where thick and some yft and we just used chunk bait

#6 BIGSWORDY

BIGSWORDY

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

That's a pretty small rig for chasin tuna down there... But there's alot of guys around where you'll be so it's better... Secondthat on hiring a guy to run your boat and put you on the fish!!! Best way to do it!!

#7 Roberto Reyes

Roberto Reyes

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

If weather is good , go to the lump, been there to spearfish tuna and wahoo , place is awesome,we went there in small boats, but you will need very good weather, and be careful about the fog depending on season, the advice of d-a is the ebst you will get, not only for fun but for SAFETY.

#8 Get'n Jiggy

Get'n Jiggy

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

If weather is good , go to the lump, been there to spearfish tuna and wahoo , place is awesome,we went there in small boats, but you will need very good weather, and be careful about the fog depending on season, the advice of d-a is the ebst you will get, not only for fun but for SAFETY.

I've been tring to rally the troops for a trip to Fourchon but nobody want to go. I don't understand why guys in TX would want to run 120miles out to Boomer for cuda's when there are 100-200lb yft off LA right now... Just blows my mind:cool:

#9 Thehighlander

Thehighlander
  • LocationHouston, tx

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

I've been tring to rally the troops for a trip to Fourchon but nobody want to go. I don't understand why guys in TX would want to run 120miles out to Boomer for cuda's when there are 100-200lb yft off LA right now... Just blows my mind:cool:

I second that, but i just hooked up with a new owner of a 28 capehorn with great plans to hit LA. whats the chance the tuna will still be hungry in mid November. we are planning to store the boat for the winter down there and hit it as often as possible. Thinking Grand Isle so the wife and kids have something to do during the day if they go.

#10 Thehighlander

Thehighlander
  • LocationHouston, tx

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

if you need a ride along, give me a call. other than a couple of weekends coming up (sea bass off the northern CA coast and giant Dungenous crabs) I am really getting the itch to tangle the tuna again.

#11 Get'n Jiggy

Get'n Jiggy

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

if you need a ride along, give me a call. other than a couple of weekends coming up (sea bass off the northern CA coast and giant Dungenous crabs) I am really getting the itch to tangle the tuna again.

Now the BigEye are show'n up... I tried to get my buddy with a Cape to run East for a few days but after a few PM's it a no go for the Cape. Too much money.

I don't think I could put a price on an adventure plus a chance of catching trophy tuna :D

I'm very very close to running my boat down to Sout Pass:cool:

Edited by Get'n Jiggy, 25 October 2012 - 12:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users