COYOTE HUNTING AND YOUR GOVERNMENT

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 TS18997

TS18997

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

The old fellow in the big cowboy hat got a standing ovation

Posted Image

The Sierra Club and the U. S. Forest Service were presenting an alternative to the Wyoming ranchers for controlling the coyote population. It seems that after years of the ranchers using the tried and true method of shooting or trapping the predators, the Sierra Club had a "more humane" solution to this issue. What they were proposing was for the animals to be captured alive. The males would then be castrated and let loose again. This was ACTUALLY proposed by the Sierra Club and by the U. S. Forest Service. All of the ranchers thought about this amazing idea for a couple of minutes. Finally an old fellow wearing a big cowboy hat in the back of the conference room stood up, tipped his hat back and said,

"Son, I don't think you understand our problem here. These coyotes ain't ****in' our sheep; they're eatin' 'em!"

The meeting never really got back to order.

#2 fishingeek

fishingeek

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

Wise man.....I would like to see someone like him in place of most of the a-holes who hold a political office.
You can call me....Al.

#3 surfmonster

surfmonster
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

viva la common sense))

Ranchers all over southern states have this problem, which my crew is happy to help them with. We fly out to Texas once a year and go on a hunting spree for a week... 24 hrs a day with small breaks for food and sleep...Ranchers save time money on not having to do it themsleves, plus make a little extra... We get to enjoy the hunt, while actually helping them...Everybody wins...

#4 kyellier

kyellier

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

I love it!
give those agencies a sign...the dumb a$$e$ in OKC are catching ferral house cats & doing the same thing, fixin them & releasing them***???***...you can't fix stupid. I like the komarants being protected also. not a native bird to n. america, there are millions of them, each one eats their weight in fish daily. It is a $500 fine if caught shooting one ... next thing you know the cane toad & the walking catfish will get federal protection.

#5 TPG

TPG

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

\
"Son, I don't think you understand our problem here. These coyotes ain't ****in' our sheep; they're eatin' 'em!"

He must be a kiwi.

#6 TPG

TPG

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

viva la common sense))

Ranchers all over southern states have this problem, which my crew is happy to help them with. We fly out to Texas once a year and go on a hunting spree for a week... 24 hrs a day with small breaks for food and sleep...Ranchers save time money on not having to do it themsleves, plus make a little extra... We get to enjoy the hunt, while actually helping them...Everybody wins...

You're right, ranchers do have a huge problem, non-indigenous grazing animals that destroy huge swaths of land.

#7 kyellier

kyellier

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

be glad the grass eating non indigenous animals provide meat for billions of people. image the health of our fishing resources if they didn't...

#8 TPG

TPG

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

be glad the grass eating non indigenous animals provide meat for billions of people. image the health of our fishing resources if they didn't...

maybe you missed the sword video i posted? you should watch it. the 'health of our fishing resources' are far worse than you know.

and 'billions' don't eat nz's favorite sex toy.

#9 kyellier

kyellier

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

I saw the video...disgusting!!!. I understand & know the danger the industry is in...I was referring to all the grazers...they all can overgraze if allowed to. your sex toys are swallowed by more folks than you realize.:eek:

#10 TPG

TPG

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

I saw the video...disgusting!!!. I understand & know the danger the industry is in...I was referring to all the grazers...they all can overgraze if allowed to. your sex toys are swallowed by more folks than you realize.:eek:

"your"?
Sorry, im half aussie, not sheep ****er you goddamn seppo. ;)

#11 kyellier

kyellier

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

That's friggin hillarious! glad you caught the joke:D

#12 TPG

TPG

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

That's friggin hillarious! glad you caught the joke:D

So what do you jig in Oklahoma? 'migrant workers'? :D

#13 kyellier

kyellier

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

coyotes!!! they put up a great fight. we just castrate em & cut em loose. C&R is the politically correct thing to do.:D

#14 Bull

Bull
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

komarants Suck.

I live on a 20 acre lake and they cleaned out the fish in about a week..... A Flock Showed up everyday last autumn and I just watched them dive and gulp up everything in the lake with fins. I would of loved to of plunked them with my .22.

#15 VaRandy

VaRandy

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

For the few really affected by the coyotes that don't know the answer, it is big treble hooks baited and hung 7 foot high off tree branches. Not pretty but damned effective. Or you can let your govt solve the problem.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.
--G.K. Chesterton

Predator Fishing Systems
U.S. Distributor for Jigstar rods , Zest lures,
and Hollowpoint big game artificials

Okuma High Performance Reels

#16 TPG

TPG

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

For the few really affected by the coyotes that don't know the answer, it is big treble hooks baited and hung 7 foot high off tree branches. Not pretty but damned effective. Or you can let your govt solve the problem.

I'd prefer those affected to just shoot themselves.
But thats just me.

#17 egluck

egluck

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

viva la common sense))

. We get to enjoy the hunt, while actually helping them...Everybody wins...

Tell that to the coyotes! :P

#18 kyellier

kyellier

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

Like I said earlier...you can't fix stupid....here's your sign

#19 DenisB

DenisB

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

ROFL

#20 luna sea II

luna sea II

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

chicken legs soaked in antifreeze works too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users