Photo
- - - - -

DIY rod wrapper

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 steelmonkey590

steelmonkey590

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

Between the wind this fall and the rain the last couple of days cabin fever is setting in early this year.
I've always had an interest in wrapping rods but never really took the plunge. After reading most of the 28 pages in the rod building forum I am inspired to say the least. The craftsmanship here is phenomenal !!!!
My desire to "pimp" a rod has taken over my sanity, I spent the last two days
fabricating a power wrapper from materials I had laying around, used the wheels off an old set of roller blades, took the motor and pedal from an old sewing machine, the tracks are from woodcraft, and I got the cheap chuck at mudhole. I ran into a brick wall on the drive, I need to order some 1/4" I.D. bearings, then she's done !:D
Thanks for the insight guys,
It's not just the how to in this forum, but the personality and camaraderie that puts 360 on top.

Thanks, Nate

#2 ReelAppealLures

ReelAppealLures

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

Wow Nate, top marks all round for the build, look great...the T-tracks are a nice touch... So the kids now have a pair of roller blades come ice skates:D

Seems there are quite a few lure blanks under the bench? Looks like a well set up shop you have there.

#3 dolbs

dolbs

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

If your new popping stick turns out half as good as any of the other things you've crafted up, I'm jealous already.

#4 JerseyCoast

JerseyCoast

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

DIY ????? Looks better than some of the manufatcured jobs!! Nice work. :)

#5 steelmonkey590

steelmonkey590

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

Thanks guys,
Those blanks were intended for a deck out back when I built the house but they will end up poppers before I get around to building it. LOL

#6 north coast

north coast

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

I built my own too,
but it doesn't look like yours.Nice job! Can become a very addictive (And expensive) passtime. it's Cool catching fish on stuff you built yourself(lures rods whatever) Your buddies will love you too, when you start repairing/replacing all the misused guides. I do many.

#7 ty2philly

ty2philly
  • LocationBay Area CA - Philly PA

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

...Seems there are quite a few lure blanks under the bench? Looks like a well set up shop you have there...

That was what I was thinking as well :-)

Thanks guys,
Those blanks were intended for a deck out back when I built the house but they will end up poppers before I get around to building it. LOL

Nice shop. That does look better than many purchased rod wrappers. Gives me inspiration when I start down that road next year :-)

Ty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users